Saturday, December 04, 2010

Oregon Coast Thanksgiving-style

As always, I go up to Mom's in Coos Bay, Oregon for Thanksgiving. I was able to avoid the worst of the season's weather by taking the coastal route.
The snow just doesn't get much lower than this, though. Empire Lakes is just a few blocks down the street from Mom's, AND from the bay, too.


Speaking of the bay, a crab boat ventures all the way in from the ocean to dock at the Coos Bay marina. Generally, crab boats will moor at Charleston, right at the entrance to Coos Bay.



Out near Shore Acres is Simpson's Reef and this viewpoint. I was hoping for bigger waves but, I had to settle for a small window between rain squalls. I had hoped to explore the trails along the top of the bluffs.



This is the view at the end of the road, looking southward towards Bandon.


I stumbled upon this rainforest scene on the return trip home. This is a small sample of the great photo opportunities I had for the week I was up there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home