Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fake photos?

While some "purists" demean Photoshop-enhanced photos, I contend that it is just another form of "art". Do non-fiction writers accused novelists of "faking it"? In the end, you either like it, or you don't like it, just like any other art form.
.
This original picture was both blessed and cursed at the same time. I actually didn't see anything through the lens, looking into the mid-morning sun. I didn't even know that the buck had stopped running to see what made that strange noise. He even posed for me with his best studly look. I think it still needs a little tweaking to bring out the deer somehow, as he almost blends into the background.


This photo I took of the "Diving Board", near Yosemite's Half Dome, was also flawed from the start. Shooting into the afternoon sun was going to be a problem but, I just had to capture the drama and impact of this amazing 3000 foot cliff. Ansel Adams once climbed all the way up here to take one of his most famous Half Dome pictures. I'm guessing that this picture will look pretty amateurish in a week or two. I will get better and better as I learn how to use the right tools in Photoshop.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home