Friday, October 30, 2009

More Zion, please!

The day after the 9 mile hike in Bryce, I needed a break from serious hiking and decided to take an afternoon drive up to the end of the road in Kolob Canyon. I found some excellent lighting and some nice mixed clouds.
I'm always drawn to the ever-changing colors and patterns on Zion's rock cliffs. Add in the water seeps, plants and sky and you have all the basic building blocks of great photography.


Finally utilizing my telephoto lens, I've brought these distant cliffs much closer.




Just like a postcard, eh? Nice but, not very "artsy".


I like how that tree at the bottom of the cliff shows how really huge this mere portion of a Zion cliff really is.


Such dramatic ruggedness is so very common in Zion. The cliffs of sandstone at Zion are the tallest in the entire world. So much of the wonders of Zion go unseen.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home