Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Last of Zion

One of the great joys of digital photography is the ability to take almost as many pictures as your heart desires. In fact, I noticed that my arms and back was sore from taking so many pictures. Another great joy is exploring through the pictures and finding some overlooked gems.
My last day in Zion included this morning shot of the Patriarchs. It was well worth the 20 minute stop on the way in, riding the shuttle bus.


Towering above the upper Emerald Pool, the cliff walls offer such great opportunities for "natural abstracts" that I am so fond of.


This has to be THE most unusual grove of trees I have ever seen. Pines don't like competition for sunlight but, THIS is ridiculous!


The loop trail back down the canyon had some surprises along the way. The trail went between two gigantic boulders and this tree decided it needed to be right in the middle.



Also along the way is this nice overhang complete with two waterfalls you can walk behind. I'll bet springtime is the best time for this hike, although the fall colors and perfect weather made this trip so great.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home