Saturday, November 07, 2009

More Bryce Canyon shots

I am still sorting through all my images and there's certainly more than just 5 good Bryce Canyon shots from my 9 mile hike.
.
This pic has so many differents shapes, sizes and colors. That lonely tree gives one some perspective of the huge size of the rock formations here.


Here is an odd geologic anomaly. That huge gray boulder came down the mountain from hundreds of feet higher only to come to rest atop that little hoodoo. Again, those trees help to show that the boulder is about 25 feet tall.



As I walked along the Rim Trail, the photographic conditions really improved. Most people prefer to have clouds in their pictures.



Back at my motel room, the setting sun made for a marvelous sunset so, I took a break from processing images to snap off a few more colorful shots right outside the second floor room.


Almost ten minutes later, I was blessed with a second sunset. When there are clouds at both high altitudes and lower altitudes, you sometimes will get two distinct sunsets in the same day.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home