Monday, October 02, 2006

Changes?!?

As the weather changes, sometimes life does too. Recently, I've applied for several jobs, both of them in northern California. They both would be a promotion, with an opportunity to move further up the ladder in another year. I hope to be working either in Quincy or in McCloud, both very scenic and far from the hustle and bustle of city life. Quincy prides itself in not having any traffic lights in town. McCloud, in the shadow of the massive Mt Shasta, is even smaller. Perfect for a hermit-like critter like me.
I tossed together a few pics of a huge boulder I ran across while working with my esteemed co-workers on a green thinning project. The boulder is massive, at nearly 35 feet tall. This overhang most-surely sheltered many an indian. It's amazing how that tree would not give up, probably thinking that it was merely in the shade of a big sugar pine.



Thinking back to spring, I dug up this nice pic of the flowers that once blanketed the slopes of the burn. Now, it's just a drab grey-green but, my work still isn't done with the fire salvage logging.


However, hope "springs" eternal. I'm certainly not holding my breath over those job applications but, I do think I'm ready to settle down and go home every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home