Sunday, August 26, 2007

My latest pictures

When I arrived on my latest assignment last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Mount Shasta had a new dusting of fresh snow, in the middle of August! So much for "global warming", eh? Shasta always astounds me with its beauty and the mountain teased me with a peek of its peak. I wished I could enhance the forest below the clouds, so you could really appreciate how immense this strato-volcano is.


This next one is a very similar picture except that I cropped it out of a bigger picture that I didn't quite compose right. The polarizing filter made the sky nice and blue.


Now we get to a picture I took just a half hour ago. What do you think this is a picture of? Yeah, there's not much to go on, there but, it's an interesting and puzzling picture.


Here's a little bit wider shot that might help a little bit more. Not enough, still? OK, there's plenty of agriculture in Butte Valley, California and they cover their fields with plastic, maybe to reduce water losses in their volcanic ash-laden soils they have near Mount Shasta.


I took this little sidetrip on the way back to the motel from Klamath Falls. Since I have been playing with Photoshop and substituting different skies into other pictures, I took this opportunity to grab some excellent sunset shots. While the oranges are intense and saturated, ya gotta love that deep black of the mountains, too. I sure wished I had my Fuji and its powerful zoom for these shots. Alas, I had to use the work camera. I'm happy with what I came away with, though.


Edit: The above picture is dedicated to my friend and co-worker Jesse. His light shown brightly while he was here and we will never see his quick and easy smile again.

Rest easy, bud!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home