Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Photoshop "Filters"

Almost everyday I am off work, I'm creating some new pictures out of old pictures. This is kind of like it might be when I truly retire. I'm using the array of filters in my new version of Photoshop Elements and finding out that there are more of them I can artistically use on my photos.
This one below was a combination of filters. One of them sharpened up the background and then the poster edges filter really appears to add detail and texture. I particularly like the wood grain enhancement on this Idaho bridge to the wilderness.


I used the ink outlines filter to single out each individual mapleleaf. It also lightened the leaves closer to what it looked like in person. I think this very bright and hopeful picture would go good in a frame on someone's wall.


In sharpening this next picture, the background seemed to flatten out and come alive. The lighting on this old growth dogwood bark creates a scene where the dogwood is doing a solo on the forest stage.


This photo of Feather Falls was cropped out of a much larger picture and then "multi-filtered" into this "feathery" intricate image that sure makes me stare. This one has prospects for gallery display, methinks!


This favorite Zion photo benefitted from the "Ink Outlines" filter that enhanced all those individual branches. To me, it really has a classic look to it.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home