Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I've been ignoring this blog for a while but, I am feeling the need to do some updates. I did do some major expeditions since last summer, and I have the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion and Yosemite pictures to prove it.

For a nice easy(?) 5 mile round trip, I walked up Taylor Creek, in the Kolob area of Zion National Park. This reflecting pool, at the Double Arch Alcove, made for a nice photo. Well, since I can't edit properly on this ancient computer, I'll have to describe the next few photos. I visited all the main scenic points at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I think I made the best of difficult light and haze, and found some other spots I can exploit the next time.


My visit to Bryce Canyon included a few inches of snow, overnight. Since I stayed right there at the park boundary, it was easy to wait for the skies to clear a bit, and I was right there, at the base of hoodoos hundreds of feet tall, with a lovely dusting of fresh, white snow.

A January visit to Yosemite's Tenaya Lake was a once in a lifetime visit. Rarely does the Tioga Pass Road stay open into January. The lack of snow hasn't also meant a lack of cold, though. Tenaya Lake had ice plenty thick enough walk and skate on. There was only one spot where there was open water. The sounds of the flexing ice was pretty spooky but, I never felt I was in any danger. (Other than falling on my butt once... Ouchie!)


It was a glorious day but, I wished I had seen the frozen waterfalls before it was time to leave!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home