Sunday, February 11, 2007

More "artsy" pics

I decided to try my luck at pictures with different palettes. Zion National Park has all these great colors and I wondered if they would be suitable for some of these "artsy" manipulations. Zion tends to to take your breath away right as you enter the park. It takes its place amongst the greatest of our National Parks and, luckily, it's far enough away from the hordes of tourists that it is still quite unspoiled.
This picture below used the dry brush technique. Again, I recommend that you right click on the picture and open it in a new window to see the nuances of this image.


This next picture doesn't really look like it was manipulated with the poster edges effect. The rock formation always reminds me of a church steeple and that really shouldn't surprise anyone, as it is located in a place called the "Temple of Sinawava", across from "The Pulpit".


Here's another picture with the poster edges effect, obviously a favorite technique I use. This time, I excluded the sky from the technique and boosted the effect a tiny bit in the rest of the picture. I definitely like how it worked out.


The watercolor effect can have its moments, as some have a fondness for paintings. I tried to use the "Third's Rule" in this picture, balancing the shadow, the cliffs and the sky with each other. I hope you all like it.


Finally, here's the Yosemite picture that escaped me in yesterday's posting. I also excluded the sky in this picture from the poster edges effect. It seems to be a little on the dark side and I couldn't quite get the brightness and contrast just right.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

i am jealous.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home