Thursday, January 31, 2008

Staying Busy

Winter is here and I was able to take this break from snow shoveling to take a few pics around the homestead. I knew right away that this one would be a good shot. It's better to have some clouds in the sky, rather than having that deep oversaturated blue dominating.


Here's an old picture I scanned from up near the White Mountains Bristlecone pine forest. It was the next morning after a stormy afternoon and evenng the day before. The view stretched from Yosemite to Mount Whitney (and beyond!).


This next one is one of my all-time classics. Blessed with the perfect light, I took what might be a perfect picture. In scanning the Kodachrome slide, I was able to very closely approach the brilliance of the original.


Here is the best view of the Half Dome cables. Like pilgrims "climbing the ladder to heaven", climbing Half Dome is a spiritual experience for all who succeed. Some falter when they first see the way you have to go to get to the top. I'll admit to being intimidated when I first stood at the bottom. You do, literally, have to "hang on for dear life".


Finally we have a smoke-enhanced sunset over the 12,000+ foot Mount Conness, taken from near Glen Aulin, on the Tuolumne River. While my fellow campers declined to come and see the sunset with me, my 5 minute walk was well worth it.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home