Thursday, February 21, 2008

Family pics!

After a visit in San Diego with family members, mourning the loss of our treasured Uncle Ron, I decided to scan and post some family pictures from the now-distant past. If any family members would like a high resolution digital file sent to them, just drop me a line and I can send a CD or email it to you, depending on the size you'd like.
This picture below is of my brother Dave and his daughter Julie fishing on the Napa River. When we were kids, we used to play around this very area, as we lived in the neighborhood at the time. Julie sure looks intent on catching "da big one". She's all grown up now and married, while Dave lives back in "Nawth Cair-lina".


Here's an action photo of brothers Dave and Ken on a camping trip near Lassen National Park. Notice how skinny they were back then (Weren't we all?!?) Hidden behind Ken is our longtime pal, Chris, who often was an accomplice in our misdeeds.


Here's a few nieces and nephews from our family camping trip to Silverfork Campground on the Eldorado National Forest. This pic of Ashley (Ashley's blog is at: http://www.ashinthecity.com/ ), Isaac and Julie marching around the campground brings back great memories of that trip. I'm still looking for the rest of those trip's photos, buried somewhere in a slide box.


Here's a group picture of all my brothers and some of the nieces and nephews. Yep, the family tree has tons more branches, these days.


And here's your's truly, back in the early 90's, tossing a rock into the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. Notice how slim and trim I was back then, when I was working my butt off salvaging lots of bug-killed trees at work. I've used this photo in flirty chat rooms and it never failed to excite the gals. Then the picture went AWOL for many years and I just rediscovered it. I was on a backpacking trip with my longtime friend Euell, who always brings me great luck in photography. I picked up this 100 pound rock and told him, "Take the friggin' picture, already!!"


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Larry, I love looking at your blog and all your fantastic pictures! This post was a trip down memory lane... I was cracking up at Dave and Ken's outfits in that one picture. It's great to stay updated through technology, keep up the posting!

2:02 PM  
Blogger A view from the middle said...

That trip seems like yesterday. . .But it was over 18 years ago- wow!
good times

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home