Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Revenge of the New Camera

Back in 2003, when my Fuji S-5000 was new, I came to Yosemite to thoroughly break-in my new toy. I've shot many of the same shots I did last time. Despite having troubles with not reading the manual, I still ended up with some nice pictures, after an exercise in digital light manipulation.



I like how this one shows off a more generic part of Yosemite Valley in the background. Curry Village and the Happy Isles get so little sun this time of year, in the shadow of Glacier Point. I don't think I've ever seen pics of Lower Yosemite Falls from this angle before.


While resting at the top of the hike, I looked up and saw this imposing scene. I felt that tilting this image up on end made for a much better composition than how I originally shot it.

The forest on the Yosemite Valley floor is interwoven with the colorful California Black Oak carving out its own niche in the conifer-dominated ecosystem of today.


Autumn Falls! The fall colors contrast so well with those same old blues and greens we see all year round. I just knew I had to find some way to get this showy little bush into the foreground of this scene.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did us Harrell boys ever use a manual?
The pic of El Capitan looks awesome in our living room, by the way. Let me know when you're coming down the mountain (when he comes...) and I can give you the very rare document signed by Fee and the boys. I think I forgot to tell you that it still has all the original duct tape on it to keep it from blowing off the stage. Very rare indeed.
Your Bro Gary

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home