Monday, March 31, 2008

Marketplace!

I've uploaded some photos, some of which are shown below, on to a website where photo buyers can browse and purchase individual photos. I don't expect to make more than a few sales each year but, you never know until you try. As soon as there is a link available to these pics, I'll have a big fanfare and post it here.

This first one is an amazing combination of colors and geology of Bryce Canyon. It certainly grabs my attention (as well as the attention of others on another website).


Here's another one that rates very high on the "unreal" scale. The day I get down at the base of those monster hoodoos will result in some unexpectedly amazing shots.


After the website accepts my uploaded images, I'll have to put a price tag on my works of art. Being that my camera isn't a top of the line new model, I can't price myself into that kind of range. However, the pictures WILL grab people's attention and they'll pay a pretty penny for an image that fascinates them.

I'm really not sure if my style of fine art pics will sell on this site called "PhotoShelter". It seems like it might be more of a stock photo/business world photo site. We'll see.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures bring back memories of a 3 week family trip we took to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Canada, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and back up 395 thru the Sierras. My favorite 2 places were Bryce and Zion. Your pictures definately do the parks justice. My 2 favorite hikes of alltime are the Na Pali coast on Kauai and the narrows trail in Zion. Kyle was probably only 7 or 8 years old and he held our hand walking thru the river. We walked for at least 2 hours straight upstream before we turned back. The kids including Kyle didn't want to turn back which shows how impressive the scenery is in that canyon. Nice job Larry.
Randy

10:50 AM  
Blogger Larry Harrell said...

When I was first in Zion, about 5 years ago, I hiked about a mile in on that Narrows trail and just fell in love with that part of Zion. In seeing that white rock way up high, I knew that I just had to get up on top of those cliffs.

Zion is just a magical place that really can't be compared to any other place on earth. Nature decided that no detail was too small (or too big)!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

good luck with your sales!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home