Monday, March 24, 2008

Zionic Bliss, Part III

Here at the intersection of the red cliffs and the white "slickrock", this guy was posing on a pinnacle for his girlfriend and I sniped a shot when they weren't looking. Yeah, you have to open it in a new window really, to see it more clearly. That Saturday in Zion had lots of people on the trails.


Again, here's another cliff and pine tree picture. That pine is probably around 300 years old. Trees just don't get all that big with such short growing seasons. Again, you also see the neverending variety of patterns from the cliff faces.


Up in the the higher elevations, you still have the great patterns and picturesque pines but, the colors and shapes are changed. There is plenty of "wandering" that can safely be done up here, off-trail. Yeah, Mom, I know it's dangerous but, haven't I lived for that most of my life?


This Photoshopped picture with the "Poster Edges" filter applied really brings out the texture on all these Zion cliff photos. I like the little plants hanging down from the overhang. I used my zoom to reach across Refrigerator Canyon and pull this scene in.


Here's another Photoshopped pic using "Poster Edges" to enhance the texture. This picture conjured up a comedy bit with these three trees always bickering over their situation, stuck on a high cliff for decades with each other.


That's it for Zion for a bit. I still have another posting from Bryce to do, too.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

All your Zion pictures are fanastic! The five of us went up there about 10 years ago and I remember taking the best hike of my life: "The Narrows." Not quite at the heights you photographed, we took a lowly route along a river between two towering faces of rock. I'm sure you know the trail! Keep up the good work and the cool photoshopped pics!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home