Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Round 3 in Yosemite Valley

In looking back on these pictures, I'm realizing that I should have taken a LOT more shots like this one below. The light was so very good and the reflections could not be better. In the immortal words of Redd Foxx, "You Big Dummy!!"
I'm thinking that there surely are some wonderful "crops" I could take out of this one, too!


I'm always looking for "natural abstracts" and the oak canopies provided me with shots like this one. The yellows contrast so well with the blue sky and the black of the boulder and tree limbs contrast with everything else.



I think this is a definitive capture of El Capitan. You can easily get a grasp of just how monstrously huge this rock is. Upon further examination in this picture, I noticed a rather peculiar-looking box-shaped shadow behind El Capitan. I had to look at other pics to see if it was in those shots too. I zoomed in close on this high resolution photo and just figured it was a shadow on some broken terrain.


Down at my brother Ken's, we went down to the beach and I took my new camera along for practice. The train trestle looked promising so I shot a bunch. I turned this shot into an old time "sepia" picture, like what was popular before color film. I really like the extra detail and complexity of this photo. The railing on the bridge is also pretty dramatic and artsy.


As someone on another photo site said about this one, it looks like waltzing trees alongside the serene Merced River, in Yosemite Valley.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home