Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mo' pics!

Not all of my nature pictures are sweeping vistas of mountains, rocks and trees. South Carolina had lots of fungi and it certainly caught my camera eye.












This picture was taken right outside my backdoor. The state Forestry guys did some fuels work, piling the dead wood and brush then burning it. I originally wanted to get pics of the piles within the forested setting but I chose to zoom in and see what happens. This is a good pic for the coming winter season. Just looking at it seems to warm you up and bring back memories of a roaring fire you had camping or in front of a fireplace.









Here's another shot of some very colorful fungus growing in South Carolina. I really should have taken some "macro" shots like the one above to bring out the fine detail and colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home