Sunday, November 06, 2005

Pics that make you think


Being on the road all the time has me running across all kinds of country and my camera eye never stops taking pictures, whether I have a camera or not. This time I was on my way up to Montana and I was right on the California-Nevada stateline, just north of the famous Mono Lake. That straightaway is about 20 miles long and I just had to stop and take a picture.



This one was taken in the Black Hills and it shows how idyllic the forest can be. All too often, the forests I work in are overgrown with brush and thickets of small trees. I just couldn't pass up a picture with so much color and then I used the watercolor tool to give it a little artsy flair.


Again, here in the Black Hills, you find beauty is many ways. Somehow, this truck was left here years ago and abandoned in this gorgeous meadow. Such a combination just had to be captured photographically.

As I took pictures, I had the great idea of getting a view like you would see from inside the truck, looking out on all of nature. For quite a long time, I used this picture as my computer wallpaper. It's one of my classic pictures.


You find art in many places and some of them are quite unexpected. This log deck was created by the helicopter flying in logs and just dropping them in any way they could. I equated it with a form of modern art that cannot be accomplished in any other way.

Beauty is where you find it and even when I don't have time to stop and take pictures, my mind is snapping them non-stop. Maybe someday, I'll have all the time in the world to wander and capture what my eye sees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home