Wednesday, February 21, 2007

More new scans

I did a little experimentation with this next slide of Bear Creek Spire, in the central Sierra Nevada of California. I wanted to see if I could make a high quality scan on a smaller portion of the original slide. To my old tired eyes, there does seem to be a slight quality loss when zooming in.


Notice the tiny little skier who I tried to enlarge. Nature DOES have a way of making us all look very small. As I had skied up to the base of the peak, I was very uncertain of what lay on the other side. Luckily, I had total trust in my ski partner and we made good use of that rope, along with the piton and caribiner.


Crater Lake has been the site of many of my best pictures. I also feel that there's plenty more there, just waiting for me to come along and capture them.


Wizard Island truly is a magical place at Crater Lake. I've barely scratched the surface of what visual pleasures there are in this flooded caldera. About 10 hours will do the trick, methinks.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home