Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Extra Yosemite, ala carte

I always seem to find some more good pics after a photo shoot is long since done. Here a few I took before Thanksgiving. El Capitan is hard to photograph up close, and even with a wide angle lens, you have to be creative to compose interesting shots.


Forests often grow into complex, living works of art, themselves. Pines and oaks duel for the sunlight and water, while cedars bide their time in the shade.



It really took some jockeying around to get this whole reflection into the picture. I still need to play with the lighting to recover those washed out highlights. My secret spot along the Merced River never fails to get me quality pictures.




I had to play with the lighting in this shot, where I chose a shutter speed that was too fast for the lens to adjust to. I was better able to freeze the water but, there's much easier ways to accomplish this by changing the ISO film sensitivity level. That will allow for faster shutter speeds. I haven't quite figured out what I really like about this one. Maybe that there is a lot to look at in the whole of the picture.






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home