Monday, November 21, 2005

Pictures within pictures

Macro photography allows you to zoom in even closer than normal when taking extreme close-ups. However, this picture is only a portion of the entire picture I clipped this one out of, below. As a wise old photographer once said, "If you're going to shoot color film, shoot something with color in it".


The powerful zoom of my Fuji S5000 is stronger than most cameras at 10X optical zoom. I used it to capture the elusive summit of Mount Shasta last spring. It looks so unreal and kind of like that watercolor effect but, this is a portion of the full picture, right from the camera. Click on the picture to take a closer look.

And, here are the original pictures.


With all the high resolution scanning and high quality digital cameras out there, I could possibly get lost in the details of all my color slides. It is quite intriguing what the implications of doubling or tripling the number of quality stock photos I could scan and clip into totally new pictures, like those at the top of this posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home