Thursday, March 09, 2006

More Yosemite pics!

I got tired of waiting for my bro to send me his bobcat pic so, I'm posting some more of my own pics. I really like how some of these zoomed in waterfall pictures came out. I hope you do, too.



Here's the view from the balcony of the room at the Yosemite Lodge. The first night there, we had put some food and drink out on this balcony, only to find a sneaky fat raccoon was "casing da joint". I'm sure he's had much success in pilfering meals, as he sure didn't look like he was on a diet.



Up on the trail, there's an overlook to Lower Yosemite Falls and the "inner gorge" between the upper and lower falls. This pic below is of the lower falls and it looks rather small from this high above. Some people can't even get close to the railing, which is where I took this shot. Some people miss this view altogether by not taking the short spur off the main trail.



This picture below is of the "Middle Yosemite Falls". It's not really recognized as a separate falls but, it looks to me that it's rather large, judging from the trees growing next to it. I do have an interesting idea to maybe "hire" one of those famous "climber bums" who often inhabit Yosemite Valley to take me down into that "inner gorge" between the two falls. It would certainly be fun and I really haven't seen any published pictures taken there.



This last picure is also of that "inner gorge" and was an interesting rainbow shot from the mist within the gorge. When I took the picture, I wasn't sure if the rainbow would show up much. It turned out pretty good but, it's just an average picture, in my book.


With another cold storm approaching California, I may yet still get another chance to go to Yosemite Valley when it is covered in a new blanket of fresh snow. With the valley at the 3500 foot elevation, it's not very often that this happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home